Our partnered, well-established Building Controls business are seeking an experienced BMS Project Engineer around London to join their growing team, offering an impressive salary of between £42,000 - £48,000 along with a fantastic benefits package.
Our client who for over 30 years has been providing full turnkey solutions to the BMS and Energy management sector is looking to take on a Project Engineer to continue their proud growth and delivering the highest quality of projects to their customers.
The BMS Project Engineer position:-
As a BMS Project engineer, you will be required to demonstrate strong experience and technical knowledge with BMS projects. You will be required to liaise with both Project Manager and your team professionally and confidently to ensure all projects exceed client’s expectations; are delivered on time, within budget and at maximise profit. On occasion, you may be given the opportunity to complete all aspects of a small control systems project yourself, as well as working with others on larger projects.
Software and graphics design is an essential part of the BMS Project Engineer position, however full training will most certainly be provided if/where necessary.
Key skills of a BMS Project Engineer:-
- Qualified with a HNC/ONC or equivalent in electrical engineering
- Exceptional technical knowledge of building management systems
- Qualified with Trend and/or Siemens control systems.
- Ability to write and manipulate Trend Strategy, Software and Graphics
- Previous experience in a project engineering/management capacity
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Exceptional time and budget management skills
- Ability to build rapport with clients and offer exceptional customer service
- Salary £42k-£48k approx. DOE
- Company Car/Allowance
- Training and Progression Opportunities
- Travel and Expenses
The next BMS Project Engineer will be hard working and committed to achieving success for both yourself and your company. You will have a flexible approach to your work and be adaptable in new ways of working to have a ‘can do’ attitude, whilst providing excellent customer care skills as well as taking pride in the quality of your work at all times.