We are partnered with a fantastic BEMS integration company who are looking to offer an impressive salary of £40,000 for an experienced BMS Support Engineer in the South.
A successful and nationally recognised BMS integration company with over 20 years of successful trading behind them. This award winning Building Automation specialist have garnered a national reputation for excellence throughout the UK and with exciting growth plans ahead, this is a fantastic time to join them and their successful team. They offer full cycle BMS solutions including design, installation, commissioning and service maintenance.
The role of the BMS Support Engineer
The successful applicant for the role of BMS Support Engineer will be an ambitious and driven individual who has excellent knowledge of Struxureware, TAC Vista and LondMaker. Additionally, experience in system integration using Tridium, BACnet, Mdbus or Synapsys SIP etc. is also required. Using the ability to respond positively and effectively to the customers and clients, the candidate will ensure that all aspects of service, PPMs, small works and small projects are carried out to the highest standards.
Key skills or the BMS Support Engineer
- Schneider Struxureware qualified and experience advantageous but other systems welcome.
- Experience in system integration Inc. Tridium/BACnet/Modbus/Synapsys etc.
- Experience in Satchwell BAS2800+, Sigma or Trend is would also be advantageous in your work.
- Driving Licence and willing to cover Winchester, Eastleigh, Andover, Reading, Farnborough, Basingstoke and occasionally Salisbury and Croydon.
- Competent in PPM visits, call outs, small works and small project.
What’s on offer for the BMS Support Engineer?
- An industry competitive salary of £40,000+ DOE
- Travel expenses/ Company car/van/allowance
- Company phone and/or laptop
- Company Additional training opportunities as required
- Ongoing progression
The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and be committed to achieving success for both yourself and your company. You will have a flexible approach to your work and be adaptable in new ways of working to have a ‘can do’ attitude whilst providing excellent customer care skills as well as taking pride in the quality of your work at all times.